Everyone with a NY State Teaching Certificate should and must, if they are teaching in a NYS School, register with the NYSED Office of Teaching Initiatives every five years. Regulation varies depending on whether your certification is Permanent or Professional (requirement for PD hours has changed).
1. NEWS for 2018-19:
- Elaine Fredericks is Director of the Teacher Center. Elaine is currently teaching in the District and will be working after school in this position.
- Bonnie Sawicki is our Teacher Center Secretary.
- We are funded for 2018-19!
- We are an approved CTLE (Continuing Teacher & Leader Education) provider pursuant to Section 80-6 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education. Any workshops that do not meet CTLE requirements will state ** for in-service credit only**
2. Hours of Operation
During the School Year, the Center will be open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 2 p.m. - 6 p.m. These hours are subject to change.
During the Summer, the Center will be open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. - noon. These hours are subject to change.
3. 2018-19 Catalog Information
The most current catalogs can be found 3 times a year using the catalog link on the shortcut bar. Please register online through Chrome.
The links in this area will let you leave the Lackawanna City School District site. The appearance of these links does not constitute endorsement by the Lackawanna City School District of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. Lackawanna City School District does not exercise any control over the information you may find at these locations. Lackawanna City School District cannot attest to the accuracy or appropriateness of information available at any linked sites. The Lackawanna City School District is not responsible for contents of any linked pages or any link contained in a linked site or any changes or updates to such sites.