Parent, Family, Community Outreach
Parents, Families, & Community Working TogetherCOME GROW WITH US!245 South Shore Blvd.Lackawanna, NY 14218Parent, Family, Community Outreach Coordinators:Judy FairclothPhone: (716) 821-5610 ext. 7726
What We Do:
- Establish and maintain consistent, effective and timely communication with families in a variety of ways.
- Work with principals and school staff, establish an environment in which families feel safe, welcomed and free to voice their opinions.
- Act as an advocate/liaison to assist parents and school staff to resolve issues at the school and district levels.
- Assist families in accessing appropriate resources that will support their child’s learning.
- Serve as mediator when necessary, using respectful strategies to bring conflicts to resolution.
- Organize, strengthen, and support parent participation on school committees which is representative of the school community.
- Build and strengthen relationships with local community partners.
- Develop and maintain a current database of families at the school to support family engagement activities.