Students in the following situations may be entitled to additional support:
· Living with other families or friends (i.e. doubled-up housing)
· Living in hotels or motels
· Living in homeless shelters, domestic violence shelters, or transitional housing
· Living in cars, abandoned buildings, parks, on the street, or other public spaces
· Living as a runaway or in homeless youth shelters
· Living in temporary foster care placement
McKinney-Vento eligible students have the right to:
· Attend school in the attendance area where they are currently living.
· Attend the school of origin (the school they attended when they became homeless), or the school in which they were last enrolled.
· Support enrolling and succeeding in school from the district McKinney-Vento Liaison.
· Receive transportation to their school, if necessary.
· Free school meals (McKinney-Vento Liaison will complete the application).
More information can be found here at NYS TEACHS.